We are pleased to announce the immediate release of iRedSoft Image Resizer v5.00. This is a complete rewrite from bottom up which embrace everything we learnt along the way while building our batch image processors. This update comes in two variant, 32 Bit and 64 Bit.
What’s New in iRedSoft Image Resizer v5
- Both 32 Bit and 64 Bit Support. The 64 Bit Supports Windows 8 x64, Windows 7 x64 and Windows Vista x64 which allows you to address more than the 4 gigabytes thus allowing you to process large images much faster. On a 32 Bit version, iRedSoft Image Resizer would use the hard drive to perform the image processing.
- Windows 8 Touch Friendly Controls. We removed the Main Menu Controls and included all the controls as large button controls. The decision to redesign the interface is to make iRedSoft Image Resizer Touch Friendly especially on Windows 8 Notebook with Touch Screen Support and Windows 8 Tablets.
- Improved Memory Management. Rewriting the application allows us to strip all the code cluster which allows us to reduce the memory usage and a huge leap in performance and speed.
- Improved Drag and Drop. In prior versions, dragging and dropping only supports image files but with v5, you can drag and drop folders too.
- AutoDetect Orientation via EXIF. Most modern digital cameras now comes with a digital orientation sensor to record the orientation of the images. With this new feature, iRedSoft Image Resizer will use this detail in the EXIF header to auto-set the orientation settings in Control Center.
- Visual Crop Dimension Setting. In the past, to determine a crop dimension you would need to manually enter the Crop X, Crop Y, Width and Height Properties but beginning from v5, you could do so using the Before Preview Window and select the dimensions visually.
- Color Space Support. This function allows you to change the Color Space of the images.
- ICC Profile Support. Now included in v5, we support any embedded ICC Profile
- Single Page TIFF Reading and Saving Support. Although this is not a typical image format supported by digital cameras, we included this as it is commonly used platform in the office environment for document digitization.
- Batch Filename Changer Support. Included in iRedSoft Image Resizer for the first time is the Filename Changer support. This allows you to generate filenames which contains a running number with or without a prefix and suffix. This will allow you to generate more meaningful filenames which would be more descriptive.
- Grayscale JPEG Support. iRedSoft Image Resizer v5 now supports generating 8 Bit Grayscale JPEG images.
- Reworked of the Image Effects Options. In v5, we separated all the image effects so that allow you to apply more than 1 effect at a time to the images.
- Old Photo, Negative, Sepia, Grayscale and Equalize Effects Added. We included several new effects to the arsenal to have spruce up your images.
- Improved Drop Shadow Effect. We rewrote Drop Shadow effect which includes the gaussian effect which looks more natural.
- Text Caption Support. This allows you to tag on a Text Caption to the images with or without Drop Shadow effect.
- XML Style Settings Profile File. We moved the Setting Profile from an INI format to the XML Style. This allows us to store more complex settings information which includes Unicode text.
- Improved Error Checking. We included several additional error checking and error handling in the image processing routine which would skip erroneous images without crashing.
For more information, please visit our iRedSoft Image Resizer information page.