We are pleased to announce the immediate release of Batch It v6. This is a major opportunity for us to revamp our flagship application to cater for the new Windows platform, particularly Windows 8 and the 64 Bit Windows Operating System. In the past, our 32 Bit Batch It works on both the 32 Bit and 64 Bit Windows but now with Batch It 6, the support is native so you can take advantage of the faster processing and larger memory addressing which the 64 Bit platform provides.
What’s New in v6
- Both 32 Bit and 64 Bit Support. The 64 Bit Supports Windows 8 x64, Windows 7 x64 and Windows Vista x64 which allows you to address more than the 4 gigabytes thus allowing you to process large images much faster. On a 32 Bit version, Batch It would use the hard drive to perform the image processing.
- Windows 8 Touch Friendly Controls. We removed the Main Menu Controls and included all the controls as large button controls. The decision to redesign the interface is to make Batch It Touch Friendly especially on Windows 8 Notebook with Touch Screen Support and Windows 8 Tablets.
- Improved Memory Management. Rewriting the application allows us to strip all the code cluster which allows us to reduce the memory usage and a huge leap in performance and speed.
- Improved Drag and Drop. In prior versions, dragging and dropping only supports image files but with v5, you can drag and drop folders too.
- AutoDetect Orientation via EXIF. Most modern digital cameras now comes with a digital orientation sensor to record the orientation of the images. With this new feature, Batch It will use this detail in the EXIF header to auto-set the orientation settings in Control Center.
- Visual Crop Dimension Setting. In the past, to determine a crop dimension you would need to manually enter the Crop X, Crop Y, Width and Height Properties but beginning from v5, you could do so using the Before Preview Window and select the dimensions visually.
- Color Space Support. This function allows you to change the Color Space of the images.
- ICC Profile Support. Now included in v6, we support any embedded ICC Profile.
- Single Page TIFF Reading and Saving Support. Although this is not a typical image format supported by digital cameras, we included this as it is commonly used platform in the office environment for document digitization.
- Macro Support in Text Caption. Included in Batch It for the first time is the support for Macros in the Text Caption which allows you to tag Filename and Date Time to the Text Caption apart from a Static Text Caption.
- Grayscale JPEG Support. Batch It v6 now supports generating 8 Bit Grayscale JPEG images.
- Contact Sheet Printing Support. Contact Sheet are printed thumbnail galleries of photos which you can distribute or keep as reference.
- Reworked of the Image Effects Options. In v6, we separated all the image effects so that allow you to apply more than 1 effect at a time to the images.
- Old Photo, Negative, Sepia, Grayscale and Equalize Effects Added. We included several new effects to the arsenal to have spruce up your images.
- Improved Sepia Effect. We included a Sepia Saturation slider which allows you to change the tone of the Sepia color.
- Improved Drop Shadow Effect. We rewrote Drop Shadow effect which includes the gaussian effect which looks more natural.
- Improved Text Caption Support. This allows you to tag on a Text Caption to the images with or without Drop Shadow effect. New support includes fine-tuning the Text Caption Alignment by using an X and Y axis offset.
- Improved Watermark Support. This allows you to include a watermark to the images. This version includes an improved transparency support for PNG and GIF images with Alpha Channel, the ability to include drop-shadow effect and the ability to resize watermark on the fly.
- XML Style Settings Profile File. We moved the Setting Profile from an INI format to the XML Style. This allows us to store more complex settings information which includes Unicode text.
- Improved Error Checking. We included several additional error checking and error handling in the image processing routine which would skip erroneous images without crashing.
Batch It 6 now comes with 4 different installers, both the MSI and EXE installers and each offering a choice of the 64 Bit and 32 Bit version of the application. Despite the numerous changes, we are please to maintain the same retail price of US$35.95.
All existing Batch It 5 customers would be contacted via email within the next week about an upgrade offering. Any purchase between January 1st 2013 and February 28th 2013 of Batch It 5 will receive a free upgrade to this new Batch It 6.