Batch It Pro v5 Released
We are pleased to announce the immediate release of Batch It Pro v5. This is a major version upgrade which requires a total rewrite of the application to support many of the requested features and also supports the latest Windows 8. Batch It Pro v5 now supports both 64 Bit and 32 Bit Windows natively. The 64 Bit build supports the larger memory addressing and is capable of handling larger photos and process them even faster than before.
What’s New in v5
- Both 32 Bit and 64 Bit Support. The 64 Bit Supports Windows 8 x64, Windows 7 x64 and Windows Vista x64 which allows you to address more than the 4 gigabytes thus allowing you to process large images much faster. On a 32 Bit version, Batch It Pro would use the hard drive to perform the image processing.
- Windows 8 Touch Friendly Controls. We removed the Main Menu Controls and included all the controls as large button controls. The decision to redesign the interface is to make Batch It Pro Touch Friendly especially on Windows 8 Notebook with Touch Screen Support and Windows 8 Tablets.
- Improved Memory Management. Rewriting the application allows us to strip all the code cluster which allows us to reduce the memory usage and a huge leap in performance and speed.
- Improved Drag and Drop. In prior versions, dragging and dropping only supports image files but with v5, you can drag and drop folders too.
- Loading and Saving CSV List of Images. Now with Batch It Pro v5, you can load and save your list of image filename, their new name and text captions which is generated by your spreadsheet or text editor.
- AutoDetect Orientation via EXIF. Most modern digital cameras now comes with a digital orientation sensor to record the orientation of the images. With this new feature, Batch It Pro will use this detail in the EXIF header to auto-set the orientation settings in Control Center.
- Visual Crop Dimension Setting. In the past, to determine a crop dimension you would need to manually enter the Crop X, Crop Y, Width and Height Properties but beginning from v5, you could do so using the Before Preview Window and select the dimensions visually.
- Color Space Support. This function allows you to change the Color Space of the images.
- ICC Profile Support. Now included in v5, we support any embedded ICC Profile.
- Single Page TIFF Reading and Saving Support. Although this is not a typical image format supported by digital cameras, we included this as it is commonly used platform in the office environment for document digitization.
- Macro Support in Text Caption. Included in Batch It Pro for the first time is the support for Macros in the Text Caption which allows you to tag Filename and Date Time to the Text Caption apart from a Static Text Caption.
- Grayscale JPEG Support. Batch It Pro v5 now supports generating 8 Bit Grayscale JPEG images.
- Contact Sheet Printing Support. Contact Sheet are printed thumbnail galleries of photos which you can distribute or keep as reference.
- Reworked of the Image Effects Options. In v5, we separated all the image effects so that allow you to apply more than 1 effect at a time to the images. Old Photo, Negative, Sepia, Grayscale and Equalize Effects Added. We included several new effects to the arsenal to have spruce up your images.
- Improved Sepia Effect. We included a Sepia Saturation slider which allows you to change the tone of the Sepia color.
- Improved Drop Shadow Effect. We rewrote Drop Shadow effect which includes the gaussian effect which looks more natural.
- Improved Text Caption Support. This allows you to tag on a Text Caption to the images with or without Drop Shadow effect. New support includes fine-tuning the Text Caption Alignment by using an X and Y axis offset.
- Improved Watermark Support. This allows you to include a watermark to the images. This version includes an improved transparency support for PNG and GIF images with Alpha Channel, the ability to include drop-shadow effect and the ability to resize watermark on the fly.
- XML Style Settings Profile File. We moved the Setting Profile from an INI format to the XML Style. This allows us to store more complex settings information which includes Unicode text.
- Improved Error Checking. We included several additional error checking and error handling in the image processing routine which would skip erroneous images without crashing.
- Fully Customizable Windows. Each of the different panels within the application can now be rearranged or detached to support your working preferences.
32 Bit Edition – Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32 Bit & 64 Bit), Windows 8 (32 Bit & 64 Bit)
64 Bit Edition – Windows Vista (64 Bit), Windows 7 (64 Bit) and Windows 8 (64 Bit)
The 32 Bit Edition would work on all supported 32 Bit or 64 Bit Windows Operating System but the 64 Bit Edition will only work on a 64 Bit Windows Operating System.
Batch It Pro v5 is available for immediate download and purchase from our website and it retails for US$49.95.