Batch TIFF Resizer v3 has arrived!
We are pleased to announce the release of Batch TIFF Resizer v3. This is a major upgrade which required us to rewrite the entire code base and in doing so allows us to develop a truly native 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions.
What’s New in Batch TIFF Resizer 3
- Interface Redesigned – First thing you will notice is that the interface is totally changed. We removed the default File Menu and merged that into a larger Icon Bar. This is first step to being touch-friendly especially for our clients who are currently using touch devices such as Windows 8 Pro tablets. This also allows you to see more columns in the File Listing now that we have integrated the Page Range feature. We moved the commonly used settings such as Image Format and Save In Folder from the Settings tab into the main page so that you do not need to navigate back and forth the tabs just to change those settings.
- Native 32 Bit and 64 Bit Support – With the introduction of Windows 7 and Windows 8, more computers are now installed with the 64 Bit Windows to take advantage of the larger memory address and that more computers are now equipped with more than 4 gigabytes of RAM, the native 64 Bit version will take advantage of this to allow you to process larger image files without running out of memory. We understand that there are some computers which are installed with a 32 Bit Windows such as those running Windows XP and Windows 8 Tablets which are pre-installed with a 32 Bit Windows Operating System and thus we decided that it is time to embark on this total rewrite from bottom up.
- PDF Import and Export – Batch TIFF Resizer started off as a tool to resize multi-page tiff files pages but new features such as the ability to export, merge and extract pages to the commonly supported formats were included. The ability to export to PDF was subsequently included. Over the years, we worked with several PDF engines and we found one which allows us to work with PDF files much more efficiently. This included the ability to import PDF files which we were able to integrate in Batch TIFF Resizer v3. Being able to import PDF files will allow you to convert PDF files to TIFF files and vice versa with ease. Most of what you can do with the TIFF files can be done with the PDF files. The ability to perform PDF to PDF page extraction, rearranging pages and text captions are included. However, the Grayscale and Drop Shadow effects for PDF to PDF conversion is something we are looking to support.
- Page Range Support – Batch TIFF Resizer 2 only allows you to sort the pages within the TIFF in ascending and descending orders. However, the design does have a huge limitation and that was that it did not allow you to extract pages from the Multipage TIFF or sort the pages in an order that you want. In the past, what you needed to do was to extract all the pages into individual TIFF files then load the individual pages according to the order you want. That is certainly not optimal. In Batch TIFF Resizer 3, we sat down and thought about this long and hard about this and in the end, decided that the old design just had to go. We were not able to do this for Batch TIFF Resizer 2 as it means reworking hundreds of thousands lines of codes. Starting from fresh makes it a lot easier to get this done. With the Page Range, you can determine sort order, remove certain pages and reorder pages within the documents with ease. By default, when you load files to the File List, the Page Range will be set to First Page to Last Page, this entry can be edited manually. We have implemented Range Checking so that any invalid page entry will be rectified.
- CSV Import and Export – In Batch TIFF Resizer 2, the only way you can import files is via the Load Files, Load Folders and by Dragging and Dropping them into the File Listing. These methods however only import the file names and nothing more. You will need to enter the rest of the columns manually in Batch TIFF Resizer. The CSV Import allows you to prepare the list of files and their respective details in your favorite spreadsheet application and be able to load that into Batch TIFF Resizer 3. At the same time, you can use the traditional methods of loading the files to the list and export the CSV file so that you can continue working on it in your spreadsheet application.
- Support Large TIFF files – We have made several enhancement to the way Batch TIFF Resizer uses memory to process ever larger image files. With the 64 Bit version, Batch TIFF Resizer is able to handle larger TIFF files without running out of memory.
- Support for 128 Bit AES and 256 Bit AES PDF Encryption – In Batch TIFF Resizer 2, only the 40 Bit and 128 Bit RC4 encryption are supported.
- Grayscale JPEG Support – In Batch TIFF Resizer 2, when the Grayscale effect is applied to the JPEG images, the colors are set to grayscale but the JPEG file is still saved as a 24 Bit JPEG image. In Batch TIFF Resizer 3, all JPEG files which have the Grayscale effect enabled will be saved as 4 Bit JPEG. This will help reduce the file size significantly.
- Improved Numerical Sort – In Batch TIFF Resizer 3, we included Smart Sort which will let you add both zero padded and non zero padded filenames together and Batch TIFF Resizer 3 will be able to sort them in the proper numeric orders. In the past, all file names are treated as text files where if you have file names listed as 1.tif , 2.tif , 10.tif will be sorted as 1.tif, 10.tif and 2.tif. So the only way around that was to zero pad each file name. You will not need to do that with Batch TIFF Resizer 3.
- Support for Text Caption Macros – For extracted pages, you can now include additional macros such as Filename, Page Numbers and components of the Date and Time as part of the new filename.
- Support for Fine-tuning of the Text Captions – Batch TIFF Resizer 3 comes with Alignment X Padding and Alignment Y Padding which allows you to micro-adjust the placement of the text caption.
- Improved Drag and Drop – In Batch TIFF Resizer 3, you can now drag and drop folders and all support file and image formats which are supported will be added to the file listing.
Batch TIFF Resizer v3 comes in three different editions, the Windows Based GUI Version, Command Line version and the Server version.
The GUI Version retails for US$54.95, Command Line version retails for US$75.95 and the Server version retails for US$129.95
Batch TIFF Resizer v3 comes in two variant, the 32 Bit and the 64 Bit versions.
32 Bit Version
Windows XP SP 3 (32 Bit)
Windows 2003 (32 Bit)
Windows 2008 (32 Bit / 64 Bit)
Windows Vista (32 Bit / 64 Bit)
Windows 7 (32 Bit / 64 Bit)
Windows 8 (32 Bit / 64 Bit)
Windows 2012 (32 Bit / 64 Bit)
64 Bit Version
Windows Vista (64 Bit)
Windows 7 (64 Bit)
Windows 8 (64 Bit)
Windows 2008 (64 Bit)
Windows 2012 (64 Bit)
Batch TIFF Resizer v3 will not work on Windows RT and will require an Intel or AMD based CPU.
All customers who purchased Batch TIFF Resizer v2 beginning from December 1st 2013 will get a free major upgrade. All customers who purchased Batch TIFF Resizer v3 before December 1st 2013 can upgrade for a special pricing.